Responsible for executing provisioning tasks and testing which will include Network Design and Engineering, software updates and configuration changes within the Securus centralized call platform and systems requirements. Additionally, the Installation Technician will have an active role in the design and execution of processes and activities for new product releases.Responsibilities
- Assist remotely in the installation of routers, DSL, cable modems, T1 equipment, wireless access points, tablets, video conferencing equipment including various other telephony/VOIP transport equipment and software etc. up to and including contacting Internet service providers to insure test and turn-up activities are planned, implemented and completed as required for successful project completion.
- Reviews and analyzes technical documentation to ensure adequate telecommunications support equipment has been identified in support of new equipment installations.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Prepare documentation for processes and procedures for accomplishing functional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate accurate and timely escalation and notification solutions of system failures, production outages to the Network Operations Center as appropriate.
- Generate and provide device configurations to Field Services Technicians and/or Technical Support for installations and break/fix resolutions as required and including Configure firewalls/routers for future sites.
- Software updates and new releases (Kiosk, LDM, Lobby, and Booking) as well as developing scripts for JP5 Firmware/app package updates.
- Design network IP scope for future sites / create Staging/Kaseya entries as needed and also have the ability to resolve ASA/Network/possible Kiosk breaches etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess a good mix of Telecom and PC knowledge to perform large and complex voice/data telecommunications projects. Be responsible for monitoring and evaluating PBX operation through the eventual long-term goal of converting fully to VoIP technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including being On Call to meet implementation requirements after normal business hours as well as troubleshooting efforts for high priority outages as well as Receive escalations from Tier 1: Inspect findings to determine source of problem and recommends repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Outstanding client focused background, demonstrated experience working in a high paced environment.
- Must have the ability to read a material list and make recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements with extensive knowledge of MS Office Software Applications, especially Word, Excel and Visio.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, capable of multi-tasking, be self-motivated and have excellent verbal/written skills.
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent education/experience required (at least 7 year's combined with telecom background).
- 7 yrs. Advance Technologies, Voice, Call Center Technologies, Telecom Network, design of PBX's, Voicemail and other application for Cloud Based systems
- 7 yrs. experience with firewalls and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking, Linux OS, IPSEC, VPN, SSL, Orion, and/or Zabbix network management system monitoring tools.
- Experience with security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking with advanced LAN/WAN technologies and VOIP/SIP skills.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages. Experience working with database architectures and query tools
- Certifications in: Adtran ASP, ATSA and ATSP, Ruckus Rex, WiSE-SZ and RWCA-SE
- MCSE, MCP, MCDBA, A+, Net+, or Telecom certifications.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.